Many of our properties welcome pets and are advertised as “Pet or Dog Friendly.” However, for your own comfort and for the comfort and safety of our homeowners and other guests, there are certain restrictions that must apply.
- Pet friendly properties may have weight or type of pet restrictions. “Visiting” pets are not allowed.
- A $150 non-refundable pet fee ($250 for two pets) will apply to each reservation that includes a pet.
- This fee does not cover damage to the property or grounds resulting from a dog, including but not limited to chewing, scratching, digging and unreported housetraining accidents.
- Guests must assume responsibility for any such damage, and a credit card must be kept on file to cover any such expenses.
- Failure to follow these regulations will result in eviction without refund, as will the presence of a pet in any home not designated as Pet Friendly.
- In Surfside Beach, dogs are not permitted on the public beach during the period between May 15 and September 15.
- In Garden City Beach (Horry County,) dogs are not allowed on the beach between the hours of 8:00AM to 5:00 PM from May 15 to September 15.
- Guests with dogs are asked to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason, we ask that you please follow these guidelines during your time with us.
- When outdoors, all pets must be leashed at all times.
- Please clean up after your dog, both in public areas and in the yard of your rental property.
- Please do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam onto neighboring properties.
- Please do not tie or chain your pet outside or leave pet unattended outside.
- Please do not allow dogs on furniture or beds unless covered by a sheet or blanket that you provide. It is also helpful to bring something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your dog will be comfortable sleeping.
- Please groom your dog, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next renter in your property may not have a dog.
- Please do not allow dogs in swimming pools or any of the lakes in the community.
- Please ensure that your dog’s medications and immunizations are up-to-date, especially flea treatment.