Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
GUEST UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES:
1. ALL MONIES received in connection with this rental are placed in a non interest bearing escrow account.
2. RENTALS are subject to S.C. Sales and Accommodations taxes.
3. DEPOSIT is one half the total rent amount. This reservation is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. Confirmed reservations are not transferable and non-refundable.
4. CANCELLATIONS: No refunds will be made on cancellations, regardless of reason as we have a strict NO REFUND policy. To help protect your vacation investment we recommend the purchase of Vacation Protection Insurance on all reservations.
5. DAMAGE WAIVER FEE: All reservations will be charged a $55 Administrative Fee which includes our Accidental Damage Waiver. This optional Plan protects you from damage which results from an accident within the unit due to your inadvertent acts or omissions. The Security Deposit Waiver (SDW) Plan does not cover negligent or willful and wanton conduct. For a full description of the plan, please contact Rose Real Estate. You must notify the Management Company of any damage or theft to the unit during your occupancy, or this plan is void. Payment for the SDW Plan will not be accepted after the guest occupies the unit. If you decide not to purchase the SDW Plan, a security deposit will be added to the final balance. Please contact Rose Real Estate directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment. Rose Real Estate receives a fee for this program.
6. CHECK-IN: Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily. Should you arrive after hours a packet of information, map and keys will be left at our Security guardhouse. Payment in full is required for all late check-ins.
7. CHECK-OUT: Check-out is before 10:00 a.m. Renter understands that an additional day’s rent will be charged if unit is not vacated and available by 10:00 a.m. We make no exceptions. Remember there is someone waiting to check in when you check out and the unit has to be cleaned and sanitized prior to their occupancy.
8. KEY RETURN: If keys are not returned upon departure a $25.00 per key fee will be charged. If key cards are not returned upon departure a $50.00 fee per card will be charged. There will be a $75.00 lock-out fee for calls after hours to gain access to the property.
9. DEPARTURE MAID SERVICE is required on all reservations, however the Guest is still responsible for the following items: (a) clean dishes, glasses, pots, utensils and put them in cabinets (b) empty trash into plastic bags and place in the outside container at end of driveway or in dumpster, and (c) remove all personal belongings including opened and unopened food in cabinets and refrigerator. Departure Maid Service fee depends on the number of bedrooms.
10. ITEMS PROHIBITED: Pets are allowed only in specific units and pet fees are applicable. Campers, motor homes, tents and/or recreational vehicles are NOT permitted.
11. EXPENDABLE ITEMS such as soap, paper products, cleaning products, etc. are the responsibility of the Guest. Linens are not provided, but are available for rent through Rose Real Estate when booking your reservation.
12. NO HOUSE PARTIES: Guest agrees rental will not be used for any house, fraternity or sorority parties, or any unlawful or immoral purpose. Agent will terminate occupancy to any group or individual with all funds being forfeited, should guests be found in violation of this rule. Accommodations are for the number in the party that the property is stated to accom-modate and there can be no additional numbers in the party. Guest must be 25 years or older to have the reservation in their name.
13. CONDITION OF PREMISES: Renter understands that the property is privately owned with Rose Real Estate acting solely as Owner’s Agent. It is rented with Owner’s furniture and furnishings and neither the Owner nor the Agent shall be responsible for providing any additional furnishings or equipment. Although every effort will be made to secure timely repairs should any major items or equipment malfunction, NO REFUND OR REBATE will be granted. If timely repairs cannot be secured, relocation of the renter may be made at the discretion of Rose Real Estate. Renter accepts the property and agrees to keep it in good, clean condition and to promptly report any damage, inventory shortage, and/or repairs that need to be made to the property. No renter incurred expenses shall be deducted from the rental fees. Renter authorizes Agent to repair damage from renter’s misuse to plumbing fixtures, drains, pipes, fixtures, equipment, screens and the interior and exterior of the property and adjoining properties and to replace lost or damaged inventory and furniture items at Renter’s expense, payable upon demand. Renter accepts responsibility for acts of their children, guests and visitors.
14. NOT ALLOWED: Renter agrees that the following are not allowed and constitutes breach of contract that will result in eviction, loss of rents and possible fines: loud noise or music, fireworks, obnoxious, dangerous or unlawful behavior, pets (unless authorized), exceeding occupancy limitations or removal of any items from the property.
15. SUBLETTING/ASSIGNMENT: Renter cannot sublet or assign this agreement without the written consent of Agent.
16. SUBJECT TO CHANGE: Amenities and features stated in Rental Brochure and Website are subject to change without notice. Changes can occur after confirming a reservation as a result of sale of the property, foreclosure, remodeling, replacement, upgrading, servicing or mechanical failure, etc. Rose Real Estate shall be held harmless.
17. TELEPHONE: Long distance calls must be charged to your home phone, credit card or phone card.
18. OWNER’S CLOSET: One or more locked closets may be reserved for storage of the owner’s property and are not included in this rental agreement. Guest access is not permitted in these areas.
19. GOLF CARTS are available to rent on property. Vacation renters may NOT operate or register their personal golf carts or golf carts rented through any other golf cart rental company in Oceanside Village or the beachfront parking area. Golf carts are not included in any Rose Real Estate rental property nor are they permitted at the Tupelo Bay Golf Villas.
20. RULES, REGULATIONS AND LAWS: Renter agrees to take all reasonable steps to see that children, spouse, guests and visitors adhere to the Rules, Regulations and Laws affecting the area, Rose Real Estate and the State of South Carolina.
21. SECURITY: Renter understands and agrees that the Owner’s Agent and Property Owner are not responsible for lost or stolen valuables. Renter also agrees to keep property locked at all times.
22. ENTRY: Agent or authorized employee/repairman may enter premises at reasonable hours for the purpose of effecting necessary repairs and inspections.
23. NON-LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION OF OWNER AND AGENT: Renter agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Agent and Owner from any and all costs, expenses, legal proceedings, attorney’s fees, suits, claims or demands whether from loss of life, damage to the property or injury to the Renter, renter’s agent, family or guest entering the property or the building and grounds in which the property is a part, unless the same was due solely to the willful act or gross negligence of the Owner’s Agent or the Owner.
24. DEFAULT BY RENTER: Renter understands that upon violation of any conditions, agreements, restrictions, covenants and obligations of this rental agreement the Agent may terminate this agreement and enter the property by force or statutory proceedings, in which case any and all monies paid by Renter will be forfeited by the Renter as liquidated damages in addition to and not in lieu of any rights or remedies available under law.